Qorvis MSLGROUP is currently seeking a Vice President, to support media relations, in our growing Washington, D.C office. Our ideal candidate will be a press, media, and crisis communications professional, with extensive knowledge of, and strong relationships with, local and national media.
MSLGROUP is a leading global communications organization. We are trusted advisors to some of the world’s biggest brands, helping them creatively engage with their audiences 24/7.
We have a rich heritage: Parisian traditions on the one hand, American culture on the other and a dynamic and rapidly growing Asian voice. That means versatility and flexibility are core markers in our DNA. Our multicultural heritage means we're comfortable in our skin in a communications world where old structures are collapsing, boundaries are blurring and innovative thinking reigns supreme.
Our people are innovators. If you can look at problems in new ways and come up with the solutions nobody had considered before, we will offer you the environment, the space and the inspiration to do so. You’ll be working alongside leading thinkers, with colleagues from around the globe. If you want to be part of the conversations that are shaping the world we live and work in, you’ll want to be here.
• Serve as lead strategic media advisor with rolodex of strong media relationships at local and national media outlets
• Leverage knowledge of the latest communications tactics and capabilities, and a strategic vision, to support innovation in execution of media relations across a variety of clients in our D.C. office
• Solid experience securing top-tier coverage for clients across a number of industries and issues
• Utilize traditional media as well as digital/emerging technologies for PR programming and influencer outreach.
• Establish and maintain relations with key client contacts and ensures that client/agency relations exist on multiple levels and grows over time.
• 10+ years of experience in media relations, securing key media placements and local and national media outlets
• Ability to develop media strategy, deploy creative tactics to build press coverage, and integrate digital and social media into all elements of an integrated communications campaign
• Experience working at a public relations agency or within a media outlet
• Strong understanding of the relationship between traditional public relations and the use of current online/digital technology and social media
• Solid relationships and working knowledge of key online/offline media influencers/journalists
• Excellent media pitching and writing skills
MSLGROUP is Publicis Groupe’s strategic communications and engagement group, advisors in all aspects of communication strategy: from consumer PR to financial communications, from public affairs to reputation management and from crisis communications to experiential marketing and events. With more than 3,500 people across close to 100 offices worldwide, MSLGROUP is also the largest PR network in Europe, fast-growing China and India. The group offers strategic planning and counsel, insight-guided thinking and big, compelling ideas – followed by thorough execution.
www.mslgroup.com | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube | Slideshare | Pinterest
MSLGROUP is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.