We’re looking for the passionate dreamers who are also doers, those who aren’t afraid of putting some real elbow grease in getting a job done well to help our clients achieve their goals. What do you get in return? A great learning experience from a team dedicated to empowering you for success in your public relations career.
Our purpose at MSL is to combat today's 'manufactured authenticity' by applying a unique recipe of midwestern grit and modern creativity to build real human connections, ignite influence and drive business for our clients.
MSL interns are core members of our team with the opportunity to kick-start their PR career in an integrated environment. You will work on clients across consumer, corporate and digital disciplines, broadening your experience and skillset.
•Participate and contribute to brainstorms for client campaigns and new business
•Research, build and maintain media lists
•Research, write and pitch news stories to traditional and digital media
•Track news coverage and develop monitoring reports
Digital & Social Media
•Vet, track and coordinate influencer activations
•Monitor and develop content for social media accounts
•Monitor and analyze client, competitor and industry news, providing insight that helps informs clients’ communications strategies or agency’s new business efforts
•Conduct social listening to help clients understand consumer sentiment
Admin & Account Support
•Engage in and contribute to client and account team meetings, brainstorming sessions, office activities and staff meetings
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
• Well-versed in writing media materials and social media content
• Familiarity with AP style
• Understanding of the general news, digital and social media landscape, and the role of public relations in building awareness and influence using these channels
• Past work experience in a communications-related position. Agency experience preferred
• Bonus: skilled in design and video editing
• Understand and embrace the philosophy to Make. Solve. Learn
• Digitally savvy
• Team player
• Driven by curiosity
• Proactive problem solver
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Passionate about current events, news media, and digital and social media platforms
• Completed junior year (rising seniors) or a recent graduate
• Ideal major in journalism, public relations, communications, marketing, English or political science
• Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Available to work full-time for a minimum of 3 months, ideally 4 months
MSLGROUP is a leading global communications organization. We are trusted advisors to some of the world’s biggest brands, helping them creatively engage with their audiences 24/7.
We have a rich heritage: Parisian traditions on the one hand, American culture on the other and a dynamic and rapidly growing Asian voice. That means versatility and flexibility are core markers in our DNA. Our multicultural heritage means we're comfortable in our skin in a communications world where old structures are collapsing, boundaries are blurring and innovative thinking reigns supreme.
Our people are innovators. If you can look at problems in new ways and come up with the solutions nobody had considered before, we will offer you the environment, the space and the inspiration to do so. You’ll be working alongside leading thinkers, with colleagues from around the globe. If you want to be part of the conversations that are shaping the world we live and work in, you’ll want to be here.