An entrepreneurial leader with a passion for outstanding client service, innovation, and thought leadership. An individual who can lead and own a book of business, manage top to top client leadership discussions, and drive positive revenue growth. This role will coach and develop all Account leaders and collaborate with a cross-functional team to identify new business opportunities. A fun, upbeat personality is a plus with a strong positive, winning attitude and the ability to operate with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment is a must.
AT OUR CORE
C = COLLABORATIVE
Collaborates internally and externally in order to build and sustain genuine relationships. Works within and across other departments. Understands that “we” can be more powerful than “me.”
O = OWNERSHIP
Reliable and responsible for their work and the oversight of others on the team. Always delivers on promises and maintains the highest standards of honesty and integrity.
R = RESULTS-DRIVEN
Acts strategically to meet business objectives and team goals. Co-directs the team to deliver - from insight through to execution - with the ability to impact the business and change shopper behavior. Drive for results. When the client wins, the agency wins.
E = ENTREPRENEURIAL
Someone who never just stops at the ask, but proactively seeks out actionable and thought–provoking opportunities for the client and team.
CURIOSITY Demonstrate a passion for the unknown; curious about the way. Understand shopper behavior and how it can be influenced through creative output. Possess a desire to continuously learn new methods and programs and seek out ways to solve problems.
FEARLESSNESS Push the work forward by asking questions and leading the cross functional team in making decisions. Understand the impact of mistakes and learn through them. Employs straight talk with others in order to resolve situations head-on.
HUSTLE Balances overall output on tight timing and urgent deliverables.
CUSTOMER PASSION & OWNERSHIP Be an inclusive partner to your colleagues and other disciplines within the agency. We succeed together, and we fail together. Accept feedback and problem-solve to find the best possible solution, then make revisions.
EXPERIENCE 8 to 10+ years agency/client work experience preferred. Previously managed and led a team of account or sales leaders. CPG Sales experience or CPG Brand Management or Shopper Marketing is ideal and preferred. Leading, selling into, and understanding P&G’s top retailers (e.g. Walmart, Target, Amazon, Costco, etc.) is ideal. Experience proactively leading and collaborating with cross- functional teams, and working with minimal supervision is required. BA degree in marketing, advertising, or related field - advanced degree preferred.
DAY TO DAY
• Responsible for pricing our work to maintain profitability and be market competitive
• Primary communicator of news, information regarding the client’s business, it’s impact on their overall business and how these variables impact SSX and the marketplace
• Partner and collaborate with cross-functional leaders to meet and exceed client expectations
• Proven team leadership skills including development of team members in the areas of:
• Relationship (internal & external)
• Shopper & Communications knowledge
• Understanding of the client’s business, challenges and priorities
• Business stewardship
• Leadership skills
• Strategic problem solving and consultative selling
• Partner on new business opportunities for existing and new clients
• Responsible for leading revenue and forecast discussions.
• Leads a cross-functional internal team and identifies opportunities to raise the level of the
• Able to manage internal conflicts when they arise with straight talk.
• Collaborates with cross-functional team
• Leads and executes large initiatives from start to finish.
• Reviews and owns forecasts
• Determines and distributes incremental sales quotas for their entire team
EEO Code: Exempt