*** This position will be located in Columbus, OH.***
A creative who demonstrates a passion for art direction and design. Works closely with the creative team to bring innovative ideas to fruition. Partners with senior creative team members to develop strategic executions through a variety of tactics — both physical and digital. Keeps in mind what is right for the shopper, the brand, and the retailer. Contributes ideas to team brainstorms and elevates the design aesthetic. A craftsman with well-rounded technical skills who is a strong visual storyteller.
This individual will sit on-site at the client facility and partner closely with Sr. Creatives and the cross- functional team to understand and execute creative strategies.
AT OUR CORE
C = COLLABORATIVE Exhibits mutuality in order to build and sustain genuine relationships with people across functions and within the creative department. Understands that "We" can be more powerful than "Me."
O = OWNERSHIP Reliable and responsible for their individual creative output. Always delivers on promises, and maintains the highest standards of creative honesty and integrity.
R = RESULTS-DRIVEN Understands the business objectives in the brief and creates based upon those goals.
E = ENTREPRENEURIAL Partners with creative leaders to proactively seek out and contribute actionable and thought- provoking ideas.
CURIOSITY A desire to continuously learn new methods and programs and seek out ways to solve problems and innovate at all touchpoints. A passion for the unknown, curious about the why, and how we can influence shopper behavior through creative output.
FEARLESSNESS Push the work forward by asking questions and contributing to creative decisions all while building the client brand. Embrace mistakes and learn through them. Employ straight talk with others in order to resolve situations head-on.
HUSTLE Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Balances the goal to do groundbreaking creative work with the dedication to meet the most challenging deadlines. Able to develop the design and see it through to execution.
FORESIGHT Learn about and start to understand your client, the shopper mindset, the competitors’ activity. Bring ideas that solve for now and build for the future.
MUTUALITY Collaborate with colleagues internally across disciplines within the agency. We succeed together and we fail together. Able to take feedback in stride and problem-solve to find the best possible solution. Focus on understanding and growing the client's brand.
EXPERIENCE Proven ability to create award-caliber ideas. Knowledge of file management, comp building, time management, and organization. Working knowledge of graphic software (i.e., Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) is expected. Understands typography, color, and design principles. College degree is preferred; however, competency is evaluated based on body of work.
DAY TO DAY
Participates in brainstorms and able to provide a creative POV grounded in the creative brief.
• Art directs interns and junior creatives.
• Researches industry trends to provide design foresight.
• Brings strategic, innovative ideas to life from concept through to final execution.
• Participates in creative team meetings and work check-ins.
• An apprentice to the senior-level creatives and starts to understand strategy and storytelling.
• Problem solves and applies feedback to make revisions in a timely manner, with an attention to detail.
• Accountable, ensuring work is properly vetted, approved, proofed, and files are properly built and delivered on time.
• Uses internal creative reviews for practice presenting and articulating the "why" behind the design decisions as it connects back to the strategy and business objective. • Has consistent 1:1s with management to build a growth plan together. • Attends kickoff and status meetings when appropriate, and asks questions in order to get what the team needs to move a job forward.
• Works with production and digital production to design disruptive and effective digital work. • Shows the intent of an idea by applying flat art in perspective to deliver dimensional comps.