We are looking for a Copywriter to join our growing team in Cincinnati!
A creative who demonstrates a passion for words and storytelling and appreciates the emotional and behavioral impact that copy can bring to an execution. Works closely with the creative team to bring innovative ideas to fruition through copy. Partners with senior creative team members to develop shopper-based communication through a variety of tactics — both physical and digital. Keeps in mind what is right for the shopper, the brand, and the retailer. Contributes ideas to team brainstorms and
elevates concepts and creative presentations.
Proven ability to create award-caliber ideas. Has knowledge of time management and organization. Experience in file management, time management and organization is a plus and working knowledge of MS Office software (e.g., Word, PowerPoint) is expected. College degree is preferred; however, competency is evaluated based on body of work.
DAY TO DAY
• Writes copy across a variety of brands and retailers
• Concepts and writes everything — from a white paper ideas to scripts to in-store signage to social media and more.
• Participates in brainstorms and is able to provide a creative POV grounded in the brief
• Manages and mentors copywriter interns
• Proactively hones concise storytelling skills
• Helps put together the story of the work in a deck for internal and client presentations when needed
• Able to iterate the best shopper-centric copy solutions possible
• Researches competitors and the industry to provide insight into trends and creative foresight
• Works with the team to bring strategic, innovative ideas to life from concept through to execution
• Participates in creative team meetings and work check-ins
• An apprentice to the senior-level creatives who starts to understand strategy and design language
• Partners with the creatives to make the idea, copy, and design a cohesive story
• Problem-solves and applies feedback to make revisions in a timely manner, with an attention to detail
• Accountable and ensures work is properly vetted, approved, and proofed and that copy files and presentation documents are delivered on time
• Uses internal creative reviews for practice presenting and articulating the “why” behind the copy decisions as it connects back to the design, strategy, and business objective
• Has consistent one-on-one meetings to build a growth plan together
• Attends kickoffs and status meetings when appropriate and asks questions in order to get what the team needs to move a job forward
• May participate in new business pitches, workshops, and creation of strategic solutions for growing our clients’ businesses (e.g., SSX’s Blueprint for Growth)