The Analyst will be responsible for the flawless execution and on-time delivery of database-driven marketing initiatives across any of the following communication channels: direct mail, email, and mobile. A standard for high quality work and the ability to collaborate with internal and external teams is key across all functions of this position.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Review audience selection strategy for each marketing initiative.
• Extract recommended audience from the marketing database using a campaign management tool.
• Provide complete instructions that details how the audience data file will be used for personalization and customization of the marketing initiative.
• Work with the appropriate team to ensure that the personalization vendor has correct and complete specifications for marketing communication personalization and customization.
• Provide direction regarding email content design and technical feasibility, using Business Requirements.
• Execute creative and functional testing using the Email Service Provider and rendering tools. Schedule and monitor email sends to pre-defined audience.
• Implement all deliverability measures to build email sending reputation, such as authentication keys, whitelisting, etc.
• Stay abreast of industry best practices and new technology by participating in professional organizations, as well as attending industry seminars and conferences.
• Regularly field questions from counterparts within the Marketing Operations teams, whether from the Agency, the Client, or the vendor locations.
• Collaborate with various Business Suppliers to define and execute email campaigns
Quality Control & Best Practices
• Employ standard quality control process and procedure throughout the entire campaign setup process to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Review all Client marketing materials before final distribution to ensure adherence with Agency and Client legal requirements, best practices and business requirements for back-end processing of consumer responses across vendor network.
• Partner with other database marketing functions as appropriate to ensure timely delivery of high quality products and services in support of Client business.
• Initiate, grow, and maintain strong, mutually beneficial, productive working relationships with counterparts in Leo Burnett Marketing Operations, throughout the Agency, at the Client and at third party vendors, where appropriate.
• Keep all team members on the same page regarding key projects and initiatives through regular status reporting and meetings.
• Maintain documents per requirements of department document management policies and procedures.
• Input all required information on the marketing initiative (e.g., source codes / key codes, circulation, offers, media, etc.) into appropriate systems to facilitate future reporting and analysis.
• Document the database-driven marketing initiative for future reference, including marketing objective, audience, offers, creative versions and communication channels.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher
• Up to five years’ experience in a related field, such as: Back-end Marketing Operations, Campaign Management, Email Execution, Data Analysis, Digital/Database Marketing, or Customer Relationship Management
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to work effectively as part of a team
• High comfort level with database logic
• Demonstrate critical thinking ability - Good balance of qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
• Knowledge of any of the following is a plus:
• Campaign Management Tools (e.g., Unica, Aprimo-Teradata, SAS, Oracle Siebel)
• Query and Reporting Tools (e.g., Cognos, Business Objects, Brio)
• Data Analytic tools (SAS, SPSS or other)
• Email Service Providers (e.g., IBM Silverpop, ExactTarget, Adobe Campaign)