Titre du poste2020 Summer Internship: Data Science (The Core)
FonctionStratégie et planification client
Parent brandLeo Burnett Group
AgenceLeo Burnett USA
Summer Internship Program:
“You have come to a place which doesn’t tolerate anything but the best. You have come to a place where you can be heard. You have come to a place where you can grow.” – Leo Burnett
As the #1 creative agency in Chicago, and one of the world's top five global agency networks, Leo Burnett creates award-winning advertising for the world's most valuable brands, including Kellogg's, Nintendo, Samsung and Allstate.
The Leo Burnett Internship Program, recognized by Business Insider as one of the top 20 programs in the country, is designed to give bright, curious individuals the best, most realistic internship experience in the advertising industry. Our interns are embraced as contributing employees of the agency, and are expected to deliver on the big campaignable Humankind ideas that the agency is known for worldwide. Participants work alongside the top talent in the industry.
This paid 10-week program runs June 8 - August 14, and is available to incoming college seniors and recent graduates. Applications will be accepted online through March 30, 2020 and we will notify selected candidates in late April/May.
Program highlights include:
• Lunch & Learns - Gain an understanding of the creative process and the role of each agency discipline.
• Intern Pitch Project – Experience the full life cycle of an agency pitch, and get hands-on skills in collaboration, problem solving, presentation skills, and work process.
• Cultural Gatherings - Join fellow interns and agency staff to enjoy the best Chicago has to offer.
2020 Summer Internship: Data Science
Leo Burnett is seeking a Data Science intern to join the advanced analytics team within The Core. In this role, you will learn about how we solve our Clients’ most pressing business challenges through data-driven creative solutions. We are looking for a candidate with an interest in advanced analytics and the ability to solve complex business issues. The Data Science intern will get hands on experience in areas such as forecasting, advanced statistical analysis, predictive model development and consumer database segmentation.
The Core is Leo Burnett Group’s integrated data and analytics offering that serves as an insight engine to optimize our award-winning creativity and drive competitive advantage for clients. The Core leverages data and analytics to deliver deep consumer insights that lead to creative communications that are more personalized, more engaging and more effective. It builds predictive models, develops journeys, analyzes search data, and more - all in service of customizing strategy and delivering the right message to the right people at the right time.
With a focus on advanced statistical modeling techniques, you will get practical experience which may include the ability to:
• Research, design, implement, and validate predictive models to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of Client CRM initiatives.
• Apply innovative statistical solutions for complex analytical problems facing our Clients that cannot be solved by simple descriptive statistics or data visualizations alone.
• Partner with Clients as well as internal Business Leadership, Creative, and Strategy teams to uncover these core marketing and advertising business issues. Effectively communicate our solutions in an approachable and actionable way.
• Become a storyteller with our Clients’ data, working to uncover deep analytical insights to drive high-impact results.
Education and Experience
• Pursuing a Graduate (MS, PhD) Degree in statistics or related quantitative field (e.g. statistics, mathematics, computer science, predictive analytics, economics).
• Coursework, internship, or project-related experience with using statistical tools (SAS, R, etc.) and techniques (linear and logistic regression, time series analysis, machine learning, etc.) used for modeling, segmentation, data mining, and in-depth data analysis.
• Experience with programming tools for data extraction and manipulation (SQL, Python, etc.) is a PLUS.
• Experience in modeling, segmentation, and analytics is a PLUS.
• Strong quantitative problem-solving skills.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.