Broadcast from an unusually empty Palais Des Festivals, Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris: FR0000130577, CAC 40] revealed the winners of its Cannes-Do Awards, in a ceremony streamed exclusively on Marcel. The winning work reflects the people’s choice – more than 15,000 Groupe employees - who voted on their favourite work from the 40 campaigns shortlisted by the Cannes-Do jury.
The not quite flawless ceremony is presented by Arthur Sadoun with the help of his well-known technician at the control room, Maurice Lévy.
The winning work spans the variety of disciplines and regions across Publicis Groupe; celebrating the extraordinary diversity of the Groupe and every layer of the organisation. In addition to 10 Client campaign awards and 5 Non-Profit campaign awards selected by employee voting, the Cannes-Do Awards included 2 special awards selected by the Cannes-Do jury.
The first special award goestoone of the most recognised pieces of work of the year, appropriately named the “Entente Cordiale Award”, as it rewards a great collaboration between France and the UK, and unexpectedly, between Publicis and WPP: the Moldy Whopperfor Burger King, which was created by Ingo Stockholm, David Miami and Publicis Romania and Spain.
This award was received in the presence of a very special guest. Watch here to see who.
The second one, the Client Bravery Award, which recognises the bravery of a client to produce pioneering and progressive work,goes to Diesel in recognition of their consistently brave work including “ Enjoy before returning” and more recently “ Francesca”, all done in partnership with Publicis Italy.
Full Cannes-Do Winners List
1. Secure Your Account for Emirates NBD by Leo Burnett Dubai
2. Project #ShowUs for Unilever by Razorfish New York
3. Social Engineering for Nissan by Epsilon Automotive Chicago
4. Bittu, The-75-Year-Old-Student for P&G by Leo Burnett India
5. Act for Food for Carrefour by Marcel Paris
6. Trapped in the Flavorverse for Pringles by Starcom Chicago
7. The French Exchange for Renault by Publicis•Poke London
8. Daniel Craig vs James Bond for Heineken by Publicis Italy
9. Keep Being You for Gilead by Digitas Health Philadelphia
10. JIF vs GIF for The J.M. Smucker Co by PSOne New York
Top Not-for-Profit Winners:
1. Bee_nfluencer for Fondation de France by Publicis Conseil Paris
2. Fake Views for Operation Black Vote by Saatchi & Saatchi London
3. For Jason for Black is Human by Burrell Communications Chicago
4. Eva Stories for K's Gallery by Leo Burnett Israel
5. #StillSpeakingUP for Propuesta Civica by Publicis Mexico
About the Cannes-Do awards: 1,400 Campaigns submitted; across 400 agencies, 60 countries, 110 cities; 25-strong jury of Publicis’ creative leaders shortlisted 40 campaigns. 15,000 votes on Marcel from Publicis agencies across the globe selected the top 10 client campaigns and top 5 non-profit pieces. In addition, two special awards—Client Bravery and Entente Cordiale—were selected by Cannes-Do jury. The top 30 client winners and top 3 Non-Profit winners are invited to Cannes Lions 2021.
Agency : Marcel
Production : Prodigious
Producer- Marc-Antoine Riou ; Production Manager - Augustin Grégoire ; Production Director- Sylvain Fusée ; General Production Manager - Romain Guilbert ; DOP- Arthur Cemin ; First Assistant Director - Laure-Anne Nicolet; Chief Editor / Motion-designer - Théophile Guibout; Assistant Stage Manager - Antoine Gay.
ABOUT PUBLICIS GROUPE - THE POWER OF ONE
Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC 40] is a global leader in communication. The Groupe is positioned at every step of the value chain, from consulting to execution, combining marketing transformation and digital business transformation. Publicis Groupe is a privileged partner in its clients’ transformation to enhance personalization at scale. The Groupe relies on ten expertise concentrated within four main activities: Communication, Media, Data and Technology. Through a unified and fluid organization, its clients have a facilitated access to all its expertise in every market. Present in over 100 countries, Publicis Groupe employs around 83,000 professionals.